Monday, July 14, 2008

Quick reviews

Just wanting to get caught up on stuff that I have seen recently, so here are some quicky reviews....

Iron Man-Probably the best superhero movie since Batman Begins (although, I think the Dark Knight is going to strip this of the honor in a few days) Robert Downey Jr is awesome as Tony Stark/Iron Man and was lucky enough to be surrounded by an "A" list supporting cast. The special effects are awesome as well. If you are an old school comic nerd, be sure to stay through the credits... 9/10

Kung Fu Panda-Great family movie with little to no objectionable material. The animation is superb and there are several subtle nods to 1970's Kung Fu movies that I loved. Really well done. 8/10

Be Kind Rewind-One of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. It is insanely stupid, but in a smart way if that makes any sense. Jack Black is actually pretty awesome in this movie (something that I can rarely say) and Mos Def turns in a very solid performance as the straight man. If you have a quirky sense of humor and a love for cinema, you should check this one out. 9/10

Into The Wild-This movie is amazing. I think everyone has wanted to do something similar to this guy at some point in their life. The cinematography is stunning and the sound track by Eddie Vedder is worth a purchase. Great film. 9/10

Anyway, expect a full review of Sweeney Todd at some point soon. Hope someone reads this...

4 comments:

Linzyann said...

Hey, interested to see what you thought about Sweeney Todd, and looking forward to that review. My hubby and I are the only people I know who have seen it!

Unknown said...

What about Get Smart?!

Andysbethy said...

Andy checked out "Sweeney Todd" from the library last night. I think you get full credit for that! We haven't watched it yet, but he never would have even considered it if you hadn't mentioned it to him. So, after I watch it, I'll let you know if I thank you, or want to hit you!
Are you going to Dark Knight this weekend? Andy and I are trying to fit it in on opening night. He has been looking forward to it for MONTHS.

Corey said...

Man, I want to see Dark Knight more than anything right now. I hope to see it Friday with some friends from Church, but we will just have to see how it goes. That movie has to be awesome...